To reduce the spread of germs including the flu and the novel coronavirus Ottawa Public Health recommends that you:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, or use hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just cleaned your hands
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a tissue or into your arm, not your hand
- If possible, stay home if you are sick
- Avoid visiting people in hospitals or long-term care centres if you are sick
- It is still recommended to get your flu shot if you haven’t already as the flu virus is still circulating in the community.
Ontario Ministry of Health and my governing body CMTO have put forward the following guidelines:
If you have:
1. Fever, and/or new onset of cough or difficulty breathing,
AND any of the following:
2. Travel to affected countries (details https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories) in the 14 days before the onset of illness
Close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19
Close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has traveled outside Canada in the 14 days before their symptom onset.
Delay your appointment for 14 days, and contact your medical professional or Ottawa Public Health.
Here at my home clinic, my cancellation policy is 24 hours before the appointment, but if you are unwell, I am happy to reschedule or cancel without a cancellation fee. Even with a few hours notice. Please consider others and stay home if you feel unwell.
I have increased my hand washing and clinic cleaning.
Please contact me if you have any questions. Either at firstname.lastname@example.org, call or text 613-866-3014.